Us Weekly has affiliated associations, so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
If you have an athletic (or rectangular) body type, you may have a hard time shopping for flattering clothes, especially online. Most fashion models don’t have a very athletic build, so it can be difficult to tell how a garment will look on you and them. However, we promise you that there are many dresses that you will look beautiful.
An athletic form has shoulders and hips roughly the same width and weight distributed fairly evenly throughout the body. This means that you will want something that emphasizes the upper or lower half of your body, not both. Fitted and flared dresses can help balance wider shoulders, or you can accentuate them with a top with decorative sleeves and a more fitted skirt. Halter and racerback styles are also great for showing off toned arms. The strapless works too! You can also go for something with a deep V or scoop neckline to flatter your bust.
Do you want to see some examples that we love? We have picked out 21 dresses for you, so let’s go with them!
21 extremely flattering dresses for athletic body types
Fitted and flared dresses
1. Our absolute favorite: This vintage tea style GRACE KARIN dress It is basically famous on Amazon and it is a fit and flare style from start to finish.
2. We also love: This tie dye oxiuly dress It is a better choice for more informal occasions where you still want to look ultra-chic.
3. We cannot forget: How about this beautiful flower Moyabo dress? The patterned skirt adds additional visual definition to the bottom!
Decorative Sleeve Dresses
Four. Our absolute favorite: Featuring voluminous, billowy short sleeves and a fitted silhouette, this Zshujun Dress it’s a dream for athletic builds.
5. We also love: How cute is this gingham puff sleeve dress of Anthropologie? A perfect summer find!
6. We cannot forget: This floral LERENSHA dress with puff sleeves it’s another great pick, with just a little ruffle detail at the hem!
7. Our absolute favorite: We just found your next fancy party dress and take the shape of this best seller PRETTYGARDEN halter dress!
8. We also love: This Lulus minidress it’s flowy and laid-back, but all sorts of beauty with its unique floral print.
9. We cannot forget: This fits Floerns Dress And their tropical print are simply made for your next vacation!
10. Our absolute favorite: If you are looking for a type of dress to wear for every day, take this LuckyMore Dress (with pockets)!
11. We also love: She is sweet and sporty PUMA mini dress from Revolve is an amazing athletic pick.
12. We can’t forget The tie detail at the waist of this IHOT dress It will make you feel like a million, no, a billion dollars!
13. Our absolute favorite: This beach boho CHICGAL dress will be the best friend of a lover of patterns. It has a lot of them!
14. We also love: Well, our jaws dropped a bit when we saw the unique tie dye design on this Riviera Sun Dress!
15. We cannot forget: You probably don’t want to take this off THANTH long dress once you try it on!
V Neck Dresses
16. Our absolute favorite: This sinking ECOWISH minidress It has a pretty blue leopard print and flowing, flattering details that everyone will love.
17. We also love: Wrap dresses flatter all body types, so you know you can’t go wrong especially with this popular one ZESICA part!
18. We cannot forget: The cleavage in this Katiewens dress he dives all he can!
Scoop Neck Dresses
19. Our absolute favorite: Everlane GoWeave Japanese slip dress it will stun all the time!
20. We also love: We would use this Daily Ritual Henley Dress throughout the year. So many ways to style it!
21. We cannot forget: This Lulus minidress It’s such a versatile piece, you’ll be wearing it all the time!
This post is brought to you by the Us Weekly Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services that our readers may find interesting and useful, such as face masks, self-tanners, Lululemon-style leggings, and the best gifts for everyone in their life. The selection of products and services, however, is not intended to constitute an endorsement by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products from manufacturers free of charge for testing. Additionally, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently of the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at [email protected] Happy shopping!